Celebrate HHM with some of our Sodexo team as they share some of their favorite recipes.
¾ cup warm water
2 ¼ teaspoons active dry yeast
1 ½ tablespoons white granulated sugar
2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
2 ½ cups flour
2/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- Mix warm water, yeast, and sugar until dissolved. Allow the mixture to sit for 15 minutes.
- Mix in the shortening.
- Mix in the kosher salt and flour.
- Knead the mixture on a floured board for ten minutes. Add additional flour if needed.
- Once the dough is smooth place the dough in a greased bowl.
- Cover and let rise for at least an hour or doubled in size.
- Knead for one additional minute.
- Form the loafs and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cover and let rise for at least 25 minutes.
- Place a baking pan on the bottom shelf with water.
- Place the baking sheet on the middle rack.
- Bake for 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Let the bread rest on a baking rack.
Cuban Sandwich with Pan Sobao
1 Loaf Pan Sobao
3 cloves crushed garlic
1 tablespoon butter
1 ½ cups Pernil (Roasted Pork Shoulder)
5 Slices Swiss
3 Slices Ham
6 Dill Pickle slices
2 tablespoons mustard
Press down, and grill 5 to 10 minutes until the cheese is melted and golden brown.
Side: Fried Plantain Chips with a dash of Salt & Lime Juice